Implementing Adaptation Strategies by Legal, Economic and Planning Instruments on Climate Change
The causes and effects of climate change are just as varied as the proposed solutions and approaches for dealing with the problem. Given the global character of climate change, comprehensive global cooperation is called for that leads to effective and appropriate international action in accordance with the respective responsibilities. These will inevitably differ depending on the capabilities and the social and economic situations of the respective actors.
The contributions in this book present a variety of ideas, approaches and tools regarding the adaptation to climate change in specific countries and regions. In addition to examining (existing) legal instruments, they also focus on the implementation of economic instruments and planning tools, as well as their (further) development. Rather than simply discussing strategies to counteract climate change by reducing emissions, the authors also search for ways of actively adapting to climate change.
Download Implementing Adaptation Strategies by Legal, Economic and Planning Instruments o (9783540776130).pdf, available at yuason.com for free.
- Albrecht Eike, Michael Schmidt, Magdalena Missler-Behr, Gilberto Banderira de Melo, Simon P. N. Spyra, Katrina Fischer Kuh
- Hardback | 340 pages
- 155 x 235 x 20.57mm | 6,565g
- Publication date
- 01 Jan 2015
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication City/Country
- Berlin, Germany
- Edition Statement
- 2014 ed.
- Illustrations note
- 36 Illustrations, color; 14 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 340 p. 50 illus., 36 illus. in color.