Hamlet : A Norton Critical Edition
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
* The Second Quarto text, edited by Robert S. Miola and accompanied by his footnotes, headnotes, and introductory materials.
* Eighteen illustrations from 1604 to 2008, three of them new to the Second Edition.
* The Actors' Gallery, presenting actors-from Sarah Bernhardt and Ellen Terry to Kenneth Branagh and David Tennant, two of them new to the Second Edition-reflecting on their roles in major productions of Hamlet.
* Seventeen critical interpretations, representing a wide range of historical and scholarly commentary.
* Afterlives, featuring fifteen reflections on Hamlet-from David Garrick and Mark Twain to Margaret Atwood and Jawad al-Assadi.
* A Bibliography of print and online resources.
About the Series
Read by more than 12 million students over fifty-five years, Norton Critical Editions set the standard for apparatus that is right for undergraduate readers. The three-part format-annotated text, contexts, and criticism-helps students to better understand, analyze, and appreciate the literature, while opening a wide range of teaching possibilities for instructors. Whether in print or in digital format, Norton Critical Editions provide all the resources students need.
Download Hamlet : A Norton Critical Edition (9780393640106).pdf, available at yuason.com for free.
- William Shakespeare, Robert S. Miola
- Paperback | 338 pages
- 130 x 213 x 20mm | 370g
- Publication date
- 07 May 2019
- WW Norton & Co
- Publication City/Country
- New York, United States
- Edition Statement
- Second Edition
- Bestsellers rank