Discover Blogs for Self-Publishers, February 3 – 9, 2018 book by from an unlimited library of classics and modern bestsellers book. It's packed with amazing content and totally free to try.Blogs for Self-Publishers, February 3 – 9, 2018
By Shelley Sturgeon
It might be a bit of a stretch, but don’t you think that writing and self-publishing a book is sort of like training and competing in the Olympics? All that training and hard work leading up to the big moment when your book is launched? Athletes covet gold metals, and authors? They dream of being on bestseller lists. Enjoy this week’s selection of articles.
Joanna Penn on The Creative Penn
Why Writing In a Series Will Make You More Money As A Writer
“Writing in a series helps you write faster, satisfy more readers and make more money as an author – whether you write fiction or non-fiction.”
Orna Ross on Self Publishing Advice From The Alliance Of Independent Authors
Business Models for Indie Authors: Which One Is Right For You?
“Authors can make enough money to make a living in a variety of ways. Here are some of the most common business models employed by successful author businesses.”
Ali Luke on Aliventures
Seven Ways to Market Your Self-Published Novel
“I think all of us secretly hope that our novel will be miraculously discovered and recognised as the masterpiece it truly is … but we know that isn’t going to happen without some sort of marketing.”
Mark Coker on Smashwords
New 2018 Edition of the Smashwords Book Marketing Guide Offers 65 Book Marketing Ideas
“The new 2018 edition of the Smashwords Book Marketing Guide is now available.”
Sandra Beckwith on Build Book Buzz
Use quirky holidays in March for book marketing
“Because book marketing can get pretty intense, it helps to lighten things up a bit now and then. Nothing makes that easier than the list of quirky holidays in March offered at HolidayInsights.”
Indie Author Events
Write This Way: Indie Author Fest
When: March 24th 12 noon – 4pm
Where: Ponchaveli Studios, Dallas Texas
For more information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/write-this-way-contest-2018-rules-and-instructions-tickets-40752837835
WriteWell Writers’ Journals Pre-Sale Closes Tonight
What makes my new writers’ journals so great that you’ll want to have one with you at all times like I do?
Let me count the ways:
- Beautiful to hold—Our custom-made flexible, opulent, and durable textured covers are available in Cranberry (shown) or Black
- You won’t run out of pages—Each journal is 240 beautiful, narrow ruled pages on high-quality cream-colored stock
- Durable—Journals are sewn (“thread binding”) and will never fall apart or lose pages
- No more smashed corners—Corners are rounded to prevent bent and dog-eared pages
- Down with narrow pages—Size is 5-3/4″ x 8-1/4″ (about A5) for lots of “room to write”
- Why fight your journal?—Journals lie flat anywhere you open them
- Find your stuff—Page numbers and an Index page at the end help you locate your work
- Quality you can feel—Journals and all materials are made in the U.S.A.
Note: Pre-orders are available only to U.S. addresses at this time, and the pre-order sale will end tonight (Sunday) at midnight Pacific time, so act now!
Here’s the link: WriteWell Journals Pre-Sale
Want to know more? Here’s more on this story: The Epic Saga of WriteWell Journals: Book Production Success